First thing's first, let's give a hand for our Season 2 Commander League Winners!
1st Place - Dylan Satherley ($40.00 Store Credit)
2nd Place - Escher Webster ($20.00 Store Credit)
3rd Place - Scott Pettie ($10.00 Store Credit)
4th Place - Kyle Amptmeyer ($10.00 Store Credit)
Secondly, some scheduling and rule changes for League Season 3.
We've pushed the start of Season 3 back a week due to the Alert Level 2 announcement made at the end of February. As a result, Season 4 is now 4 weeks long instead of 5. Additionally, the theme 'Plead the Sixth' has been replaced with 'Oathbreaker'.
The new dates are as follows:
Next, we've added two additional penalties to league nights going forward:
1.4.3 Fast Mana Penalty (-All Points Earned on offending night)
- The rationale behind this penalty is that fast mana artifacts create high variance in games and generate a massive early-game advantage for players. The most powerful of these artifacts are also out of the price-range of a lot our players.
- In following with our Fun First philosophy, the use of any permanents which generate more mana than its converted mana cost will result in 0 league points earned on the offending night.
- Regular players already own powerful decks that are capable of searching up 2- or 3-card win conditions at the drop of a hat. Half-hearted deckbuilding that barely adheres to theme requirements while retaining the power of the original decks just to attain 5 bonus points goes against the spirit of why we have our themes in the first place.
- In following with our Fun First philosophy, violating any league rules will cause you to forfeit any theme points earned on the night, in additional to any other penalties.
- You guys can blame Kit for this one ;)
We know we're making you bend over backwards, but we'll be making it worth your while! From Season 3 onwards, we'll be awarding end-of-season prizes based on point total instead of final standings;
- 50 Points - $100.00 Store Credit
- 40 Points - $25.00 Store Credit
- 35 Points - $15.00 Store Credit
- 25 Points - 1 Set Booster
To get the coveted top prize, you'll have to play by the rules and sweep all four weeks in a season... and if you're not interested in any of that nonsense, there's always the fantastic participation prize you guys get each night for participating ;)
As always, you can find everything you need to know about our Commander League, including full theme descriptions, right here.